Basic Bar Soap
- 4 oz Coconut Oil or Palm Kernel Oil
- 4 oz Olive Oil
- 8 oz Hydrogenated Soybean Oil
- 2.2 oz Sodium Hydroxide, also known as NaOH or Caustic Soda
- 6 fl oz water
- Line the mold with plastic wrap or bag. This will make the removal of the soap from the mold easy.
- Measure oils on your scale. Warm on the stove or in the microwave. Bring temperature to 110 °F. Add sodium hydroxide to the water. Mix well. Allow to cool to 110 °F.
- Combine oils and lye solution. Stir until thin trace. Upon trace any desired fragrances or additives. Stir well. Pour soap into molds. Allow to sit until soap is firm.
- Cut into bars. Stack to allow good air circulation. Allow to cure for several days before using. Longer curing will result in a harder bar.
Tagged with: basic bar soap